Posts Tagged ‘algae based DHA’
Vegan Fish Oil, What Is It
Speaking about vegan fish oil, it is possible to consume fish oil even for vegetarians. What they should consider is to find vegetarian alternative to fish oil. There are some reasons why fish oil has become a popular choice among people who seek for better health. Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil can be used to reduce inflammation as it will also prevent other chronic diseases such as heart disease and arthritis. However, vegetarians may find it difficult as they don’t consume fish. Some people also worry with the contamination from environmental toxins in fish such as mercury and lead. The good news is there are vegetarian substitutes for omega 3 fish oil. By learning more about vegan fish oil, people will be able to get all advantages from fish oil especially for vegetarians.
Vegan Fish Oil for Vegetarians
When it comes to vegan fish oil, it is possible for vegetarians to find alternatives to fish oil. They can consume a plant based diet that contains with minerals and vitamins. The fact is omega 3 fatty acids can also be found in other sources such as algae based DHA. Here are some choices that you should know:
- Walnuts: Walnuts are known as a rich source of alpha linolenic acid that can be used to reduce the risk of getting coronary heart disease. Walnuts can also be used to help people who have high cholesterol the reason is because it is very effective to lower cholesterol levels.
- Flaxseed oil: Flaxseed oil contains with the highest ALA found in a plant source, it has similar effects compared with fish oil. Flaxseed oil comes with good taste and aroma so that most people find it helpful when used as alternatives to fish oil
- Nuts: Nuts can also be a good choice as it will provide dietary options for those who need to get omega 3 fatty acids
- Soybean oil: soybean oil can also be used as it contains with amino acids that come with similar quantity compared with fish oil
- Sweet potato
Vegetarian Fish Oil, Reasons to Consume It
If you need to find some alternatives to fish oil supplements, vegetarian fish oil will be a good option. There are some reasons why people should be aware with some fish oils available in the market. People should realize that they need a proper amount of omega 3 fatty acids. For vegetarians, they may be able to prevent harmful effects of cholesterol and dangerous chemicals. Fish oils can be found in some oily fish such as mackerel, tuna and salmon. If you are going to buy fish oils, it will be really helpful if learn more details about fish oil, vegetarian alternative to fish oil and other things about vegetarian fish oil.
Vegetarian Fish Oil with omega 3 fatty acids
Those who have known about benefits of fish oil should consider choosing vegetarian fish oil. For vegetarians, consuming fish oils may violates their principal and the first reason why they opt to become as a vegetarian. However, it is possible to get nutritional benefits that you are missing for deciding not to eat fish oil. What you should consider is to find fish oil substitute where you can omega 3 fatty acids. The good news is that you can get fish oil alternative that will give the same results just like when consuming fish oils. Some of these vegetarian options are:
- Black currant oil: Black currant oil contains with stearidonic acid and omega 3 fatty acids ALA that will be really helpful in improving the cardiovascular system and maintaining hormones.
- Vegetarian fish oil replacement supplements: If you search around through some stores, you can find fish oil capsules that can be used as alternatives of fish oils.
- Algae combined with seed oil/nut: Vegetarians can also consume algae that will convert omega 3 fatty acids from seeds and nuts.
- Flax seed oil: The next option that you can consider is to consume flax seed oil as you can also get all benefits of fish oils from flax seed oil